Wednesday 3 December 2008

Lionel Messi!!

Sweet Jesus!! Lionel Messi is now a Fat Wallet FC player. My favourite smiley in the game is the shocked one, the one that looks like one of those blow up dolls I would 'never' buy, and if I could use the shock smiley in here it would be used out by now. Lionel Messi!!!

My plan at the start was never to head for a superstar player like him but circumstances and events kind of left me with no option. This is how it occurred. After 7 days of you confirming your team you are free to sell any of your players (this will be changed in the near future). To my surprise I got a good offer for a fringe player straight away which gave me a nice cash boost of 300k. My wage bill at that time was around 49k and I was making a decent profit per day. Over the next few days I bid on a few well known (un-signed) midfield players with that cash. Here are a couple:

Mikel Arteta
Riccardo Montolivo
Mohammed Sissoko

I was unsuccessful in my attempts to sign these players in wage auctions as I was not prepared to spend what I considered to be silly money on wages. Again I bid for some more the next few days and again I was unsuccessful with some of them going for 70k+ wages. My money was piling up and the number of un-signed players had started to become alarmingly few. The sale of my best player (who was barely holding my team together) for a cool million and then my only goalscorer meant I had just enough to bid for him.

Learning the Contract Negotiation skill to level 3 meant I got a discount of 15% from his acquisition fee which was 3 million. Luckily I was the only bidder in the wage auction and that kept his wages at 70k. I ended up paying 2.55 million for him.

Not bad considering I was a day late in entering the game world. Does one man make a team? I doubt it!







No comments: