Wednesday 3 December 2008

1 Star, 15 chimps.

Having signed up a day later than the start of Saunders my options for players (ones who I knew could do a job) were obviously limited. I am a big believer in the importance of being in the game world from the very start so I knew finding the cut price quality players would be a stretch. I had always planned to have at least 2 young talents who not only would be quality in my starting team but would also provide great interest from other managers and eventually would be big money earners for me. Had to scrap that idea. Next I thought I should buy a DC, MC and a striker for 100k each, giving me some semblance of quality in those areas and finding the best I could for the rest. Again scrapped that idea.

Both of those are definite strategies worth considering but you always seem to find a player who negates those ideas. Heiko Westermann was that player. Not only did he cost me 190k of my starting 500k, he also had wages of 12k, both of these things I had decided I would not be doing at the start. The remaining 15 players were of a simian nature which neither me or google had heard of.

No comments: